This dish checks all of F[r]'s food rule boxes..
- Flavored up with healthy fats + gut-healing broth
- Spiced up with a mix from one of our favorite local vendors.
In the Lavin household, this nourishing dinner makes THE BEST Lunch Leftovers.
I've adapted this recipe from Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Cookbook. If you are a cookbook lover, I highly recommend adding it to your library!
Step 1: Gather
[Supplies: Food processor, Blender, Large Casserole dish, Large frying pan, Quality Knife]
- 1.5-2 lbs Cooked Pastured Chicken (e.g. whole rotisserie, boiled, roasted, grilled, pressure cooked, etc.)
- 1 Head of Org. Broccoli
- 1 Head of Org. Cauliflower
- 6-8 Cremini Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 or Whole Sweet Onion (adjust amount based on flavor preference)
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 cups of Raw Cashews
- 1-2 Cups Broth (preferably homemade bone broth or high quality brand like this one.)
- Apple Maple Rub Spice Mix (from Hadaya Spice at the Gardens Green Market) or favorite poultry blend.
- 1/2-1 Lemon
- Sea salt and Pepper (for seasoning in stages)
Step 2: Prep (This recipe is super-easy when you prep in stages ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze the ingredients. Then all you'll have to do is make the sauce and assemble!)
- Dice onions + shallots and mince garlic
- Pulse in the food processor:
- Broccoli + Cauliflower + Chicken + Mushrooms
Step 3: Cook
- Boil water (a few cups) and submerge Cashews for 20-30 min, then drain.
- While cashews are soaking...
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Fahrenheit
- Grease casserole dish with favorite cooking fat (Grass-fed Ghee or Butter, Palm Shortening, Coconut Oil, or our fave, rendered Bacon Fat)
- Saute Onions, Shallots and Garlic in 1 Tbsp of cooking fat and 1-2 Tbsp of spices (see above list)- 3-5 min
- Add "riced" Broccoli and Cauliflower and cook until slightly soft- 8-10 min
- While veggies are softening...
- Blend Cashews, Broth, Lemon juice and 3-4 Tbsp of Spice Mix to make sauce (taste and add sea salt as needed.)
- Mix shredded chicken into the frying pan and pour the entire mixture into casserole dish
- Pour in sauce, stir and bake, covered, for 20-25 minutes, then broil uncovered for 1-2 minutes
1. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top for a cheesy crust or skip to spare some calories.
2. We LOVE Sriratcha sauce and highly recommend turning up the metabolism-boosting heat with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top.
Don't forget F[r]'s 3 Step Process to rebuild your metabolism and acheive #ResultsWithLastingPower.
(with satisfying meals + less snacks)
(your fat-burning engine by working out DAILY)
(tightness or pain with fascia massages and self-fascia care)
To get the most MOJO from your time moving, you know where to go for the BEST workouts in town!